Sunday, January 10, 2010

Favorite Gift


On Friday, I had a student ask me what my favorite Christmas gift this year (2009) was.

When I told him, he just looked at me and asked, "Really?"
(looking confused)

Really.



This is it. My favorite Christmas gift.



The story:

A long time ago, I decided I wanted to make a quilt. Not a "tie-me-together" "cut-the-fleece" kind of a quilt. A real quilt. After finding a pattern, looking through many quilt stores, and trying to find the right colors--I was ready. With the much needed help from Wendy, I cut each piece and sewed them together into squares. I even ironed them.



And that was about it. The squares had been waiting to be put together for quite some time. About 2 years!

So how do I have such a great "put-together" quilt?





My favorite Christmas gift.

Wendy finished it for me and had a friend machine quilt it. The colors are great. The quilting design is awesome, and I love the binding and the fabric on the back.


Getting a quilt for a Christmas gift might sound dull and boring to a 10 year old boy... but it was by far, my favorite!

To see some better photos of it, click here.


Thanks again Wendy :)


2 comments:

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

I think it looks great; you did a really good job with it!

Andi and Cade said...

So pretty! I wanna learn how!